Sicut videntur ista visibilia

COPLAND 3

• Patronus

Can someone translate this? It is a gloss that has already been partially translated. I will post the full Gloss and then the partial gloss from the other version with what has been translated already. It concerns 1 John 4:12

Deum nemo vidit unquam. Sicut videntur ista visibilia corporis sensibus nota, sic non videtur Deus. Sed et si aliquando hoc modo videndi visus est, non sicut istae naturae videntur, sed voluntate visus est, specie qua voluit apparens, latente natura, et incommutabiliter in se permanente. Eo autem modo quo videtur sicut est, nunc fortasse videtur ab Angelis, a nobis tunc videbitur cum aequales Angelis erimus. Sed nec tunc videbitur, sicut ista visibilia, quae corporali visione cernuntur, sed vnigenitus qui est in sinu patris ipse narrabit; quod non ad oculos sed ad mentium visionem pertinet. Sicut ergo si Solem istum videre vellemus, oculum corporis purgaremus. Sed quia haec visio in futuro speratur, quid agendum est, quo solatio vtendum, dum adhuc peregrinamur in corpore, diligamus invicem: et sic Deus in nobis manet. (Note that the Rusch ends like this rather than the Venice that I posted the image of.)

Deum nemo vidit unquam. BEDA. Sicut videntur ista visibilia corporis sensibus nota, sic non videtur Deus, etc., usque ad dum adhuc peregrinamur in corpore, diligamus invicem, etc.

No man hath seen God at any time. BEDE. "God is not seen in the same way as these visible things known to physical senses", etc., to "As long as we are still traveling in our body, let us love one another", etc.
A11.jpg

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

No man hath seen God at any time. God is not seen in the same way as those visible things known to physical senses. But even if he was once seen in that way of seeing, it is not as those things of nature that he was seen, but by his own will, appearing in the form that he wished, his nature being hidden and remaining immutably in him. As to the manner in which he is seen as he is, maybe he is now seen in this manner by the angels, and will be seen by us when we are the equals of angels. But not even then will he be seen in the same way as those visible things that are perceived by physical sight, but the onlybegotten who is in the Father's bosom will himself tell that which does not concern the eyes, but the sight of the minds. Therefore, as, if we wished to see the sun, we would cleanse the eye of our body, so, wishing to see God, let us cleanse the eye of our mind. But since we hope for this sight in the future, what should we do, what consolation should we use while we are still travelling in our body?

Pacifica

grammaticissima

• Aedilis

diligamus invicem: et sic Deus in nobis manet. (Note that the Rusch ends like this rather than the Venice that I posted the image of.)
Sorry, I hadn't seen this, I was only looking at the image. It means "Let us love one another, and thus God abides in us."