Frequently Asked Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

Here are some frequently asked questions:

How can I PM a user, start or join a conversation, post a status update, and/or start a blog entry?

You need at least 25 posts outside of the "Games" forum before you can either start a conversation or join a conversation (which combines the privacy of PMs (private messages), the interactiveness of VMs (visitor messages), and can have up to five members conversing at once). You can also post status updates as well, which has a limit of 140 characters, and are publicly viewable. This website does not allow for PMs though, since conversations are better. With at least 25 posts, you can start up a blog entry by going to the red menu bar, then mouse over the drop-down menu just to the right of "Latin Blogs" (but not near "Donate"), then click "Create New Entry."

Can I change my name?

No.

If you think that having your name on the forum is a life threatening issue, you can try sending a message to one of the mods with a red banner. We do not change names because you suddenly realise that your tattoo is visible to everyone, or that your teacher has found that you are cheating on your homework.

How can I delete a thread and/or my account/profile?

Unfortunately, you cannot. Remember that only we can delete threads and accounts/profiles. Note that we will not delete threads or accounts/profiles by request. Read here: Threads are PERMANENT once created

Please post threads in the appropriate forum. This will make our lives easier.

If you kept being annoyed by e-mail notifications from the admins, you can mouse over your name on the red bar on the top of the page and go to "Contact Details." From there, you can uncheck "Receive site mailings."

Please unlock the thread

Sorry. We will not unlock threads on request. There is a good reason why certain threads are locked.

Where's the "Mark Forums Read" button?

It is on the top left corner of the page.

What do you mean by "we" in the context of this FAQ?

"We" and other forms of the first person plural pronoun in the context of this FAQ refer to those with a red, orange, or grey banner, in other words, those with mod powers. Those with purple banners are our regular users who help out with the translations.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I have updated the OP with how to start a blog entry.

I have made another update to the OP by mentioning how to disable e-mail notifications from admins.

Iohannes Aurum

Technicus Auxiliarius

• Technicus Auxiliarius

I have added "Mark Forums Read" to the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.