Claude Frollo vents his lust in classical Greek (Disney's "Hellfire")

By Gregorius, in 'Other Languages', May 27, 2012.

1. Gregorius Civis Illustris

• Civis Illustris
    Someone asked me quite a while ago if I could compose a Latin rendition of this song, and while I've since been beaten to it by my female British counterpart on YouTube (username O1ivette), I finally gave in to my urge to do a CAG (a self-coined acronym for "Classical Attic Greek") version. Constructive critique is welcome, as always. There were a couple spots where I had to be a bit creative with vocabulary, using a hypothetical feminine form of "μάγος" towards the end and presuming a transcription of Frollo's name as "Φρῶλλος."

I learned yet another intriguing etymology when I looked up the word for "witchcraft," though it's little surprise that the ancients viewed magic and the use of medicinal substances as one and the same art.

TheMouseAvenger likes this.
  2. TheMouseAvenger New Member

Wow.... :D I don't know all that much about Greek, but as a BIG fan of Disney's version of "The Hunchback Of Notre Dame" (& its sequel), I have to say that I really loved this video a lot! ^_^ Great job! :D